- Candidate Information
- Our Schools
You will have a personalised timetable that allows you to develop the necessary skills to become a teacher to students with a range of different needs and abilities. This will be continually supported by the work of experienced teachers. Your timetable will also include a second placement of 6 weeks at a contrasting school so that you can experience a variety of pupils and classrooms. The support network you have at your main school will be mirrored whilst you are on your second placement.
We firmly believe that the most effective teachers are reflective teachers. You will reflect on your practice with subject mentors and classroom teachers throughout the programme and in addition you will complete half-termly reviews to critically analyse your progress and practice at set points during the year. You will collect evidence throughout the year to meet all of the standards for teachers and present this in a portfolio. You will complete assignments towards your PGCE qualification which are delivered and awarded by the University of Worcester.
- Teacher training begins with Barr Beacon SCITT
- The first two weeks of induction sessions are run at Barr Beacon SCITT
- Following two weeks of intensive training you attend your placement schools
- Outstanding practice modelled, theory & practice analysed and mediated
- Professional Studies, Subject Studies,
Whole Cohort Days and Worcester PGCE Days begin
- The theory gained during induction is applied in classrooms in main placement schools
- Begin first phase of whole class teaching 6 solo lessons, 6 collaborative lessons
- Individual support from outstanding school subject leaders and subject mentor
- Professional Studies, Subject Studies and Whole Cohort Days continue and these sessions are adapted to trainees’ emerging needs.
Term 1 report is written by the main placement school mentor
- Teaching in the main partnership school continues - timetable increase to 12 solo lessons
- Around February half term trainees complete a contrasting school placement for 6 uninterrupted weeks
- Extending teaching repertoire through application of the materials learned in Professional Studies, Subject Studies and Whole Cohort Days
- Primary Placement is completed for 3 days
- Subject Knowledge Focus Week is completed to enhance and boost subject specific knowledge and pedagogy Additional support from the second school mentor, who writes the Term 2 Report
- Trainees return to their main placement school to consolidate their teaching.
- Teaching classes, groups and individual children, progressing to 15 hours.
- Supported & assessed by school based mentors – Final Report Written
- Embedding subject knowledge for teaching and supporting pupil progress
- Completion of programme
- QTS recommended
- Employment in Education
- Continued SCITT support for NQTs
- NQT induction programme in NQT school